Buying gift cards on Christmas holidays or any special occasions can be so tempting. These are actually the best times for buying gift cards since they come with many discounts. With the advanced technology, everybody is doing their purchases online. Even though there are so many scam websites online who claim to sell gift cards but in the end will end up raping you of your hard earned money, all hope is not lost since you can still buy convenient and reliable gift cards online. Consider the following tips if you want to buy a gift card online.
Beware of scams
There are many scammers online who will sell you expired gift cards, stolen or counterfeit. Buy your gift cards from reliable sources to avoid such mistakes. Examine the reputation of the seller and get testimonials and reviews from people who have worked with them. Be very carefully not to buy from frauds and waste your hard earned money.
Watch out for additional fees
It is very easy to get ripped off when you buy a gift card online. Some retailers charge hidden fees that you might not be aware of when buying with them. Watch out for websites terms and conditions, handling fees and shipping fees. Confirm if any fees will be deducted from the gift card. If you cannot manage to pay the fees then look out for a better seller.
Earning money is not easy and many people would like to spend the least of what they have. Many gift card sellers offer various discount prices during different times of the year especially holidays. You don’t want to miss out such incredible offers so you should always be on the lookout for discounts.
Check reliable websites
Some small companies selling gift cards can close up business before you are able to use it. Checkout if a company has filled for bankruptcy before buying their gift cards since when they close you might not be able to redeem your gift card or your card may end up being less worth than its value. Buy from trustworthy websites.
Check for expiry dates
Before buying anything whether online or offline it is very important to checkout for the expiry dates. Most gift cards expire after 5 years and it’s beneficial to ensure your gift card will serve you better before the expiry dates. Some online frauds sell expired gift cards to people and if you are not careful you can fall a victim of such.
Check out for any damage
Inspect your gift cards thoroughly before you buy. Verify that all the protective stickers are in place and ensure the gift cards have no scratches that can reveal the pin. Don’t buy a damaged card as it may have been used already or obtained illegally.
Get a digital card
With this age of technology, almost everything is done online these days. You don’t want to be the only one still using the old methods of shopping. Get a digital gift card which you will use to shop online easily and conveniently. This will also save you the shipping charges. Unlike physical cards which are mailed and take several days before they reach, digital cards taker a shorter time maybe just a couple of hours.
Use reward points
Using reward points instead of real money saves you a lot of money. There are several things you can buy online using reward points and gift cards are one of them. So why use real money if you have reward points that you can use?
Buy a card you’re going to use soon
Forgetting that you have a gift card in the house or misplacing your cards is very easy. So to ensure you avoid such problems, buy cards that you’re going to use in the next few days or weeks. Don’t sit on your card for several months since you used your valuable money to buy it.
Check protection policies
Your gift card details must be well protected. Some sellers might sell you the gift cards then use your pin to buy goods online. Ensure your security details are well protected before settling for a certain online retailer. Every website has its own protection policies so do not assume they are the same.
If you keep the above tips in mind before buying any gift cards online you are sure you will never go wrong. So read carefully and get the best experience.
Much to everyone’s excitement as Friday early morning, #1ForFun was released as a teaser for our new Tourism slogan. A couple of months ago, the same pursuit was unlikely remembered with scrutiny due to lack of creativity and more.
Share your stories online and use these #hashtags or slogans, with our combined effort – let’s help our country. (So is it clear now why the local slogan is important?!)
- China and on disputed islands of the Philippines. Can we sustain a healthy relationship with them without losing our national pride?
- Education and its technology enhancement for its programs. Should the government align the course offerings of universities based on the job availability or demands?
- Environment protection such as the recent Tubataha reef crash?
Many aspects of online technology can be very intimidating to newcomers, but blogging does not need to be one of them. Everyone can benefit from learning how to effectively inform and entertain visitors that come to their website, through the art of blogging. Take some tips from this article to make your blogs come alive and have the desired effect on readers. Make sure that you are accepting and submitting valuable comments. You want to have as many ways as possible for a back link to happen. When you do comment, add your URL so that you will have a link created to your blog. This will make it easy for others to find you. If you are an internet marketer, use your blog to build your email list. While posting direct advertising posts in the blog will probably turn off readers who come to your blog for information, putting an email sign-up box on your blog’s sidebar, gives readers an unobtrusive way to receive marketing information from you should they like your blog. Design your blog to keep not just the reader’s interest but also your interest. If you grow bored with what you are writing about, you won’t be likely to keep blogging. Even if you do, the quality of your writing will suffer. Your readers will be able to tell that your writing has lost some of its punch. Commenting on other blogs is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your blog. If you read an interesting article, write a compelling comment that offers a unique perspective. Include a link to your blog. The people who read your comment will likely want to read more of what you have to say, and will visit your blog. Have your blog feel friendly and warm to visitors. Reply to comments that people leave, and this means more than just thanking them, try to have real conversations. If you can develop a relationship with your readers, they will tend to be more loyal to you, and keep coming back. There are several ways to highlight interesting content on your blog. You can show a list of upcoming posts to pique readers’ interest. Another good topic is a list of most popular posts. These are posts that many readers will be interested in. You can also try most commented posts. Many people enjoy reading comments to blog posts. All these ideas will get your readers interested in more than just your current posts. Make your blog appear reliable and informative by keeping yourself informed of new ideas and information at all times. You need to create a good reputation and that means it is imperative that you know what you are blogging about. By keeping current on news and educated on your topic, you will be forming a reputation people will know they can trust. Blogging is a great way to promote a product or web site, if you encourage comments and discussion, that is. Blogs are informal and easy to set up, which means you can add as many posts as you want to describe your product and even ask your readers for valuable feedback. So, if you are selling a product in a brick and mortar store or on a web site, you should set up blog to take advantage of the marketing opportunities that it creates. So you now see that blogging can be an enjoyable way to communicate online, without the typical formality that exists when conducting business. When your site visitors are relaxed and well informed, they will be more likely to trust you and invest in your products or services. Take the insights gained here and put them to work in your own blogging efforts.
There are 7 Continents and 7 Oceans on the globe. There are 7 Colors in the rainbow and 7 Notes on the musical scale. There is a pattern of 7 Stars which are guiding stars (The Big Dipper) and there are 7 Objects in the solar system that are visible to the naked eye. There are 7 Metals of antiquity upon which civilisation is based, and 7 Levels in the periodic table of elements.
There are many more 7′s in the universe and the world around us if we look hard enough. Interestingly when we look at the Bible we see that the number 7 is God’s divine number. It signifies perfection and completeness in God’s eyes.
So let me use 7 to give interesting notes both religious and factual about this blog post.
People might ask so why compare the Saint Lorenzo Ruiz to OFW, so here are the points:
- Lorenzo Ruiz was raised in a conventional Filipino lifestyle, brought up by conservative Filipino-Chinese family and coming from a social status considered to be Indio or slave during the Spanish colonization. Amid this situation, he continued serving the Catholic Church. He left for Okinawa, Japan on June 10, 1636 in order avoid issues or a probable case where he was accused of killing a Spaniard. Our OFWs also goes for escape or probably of hoping a better lifestyle for their families by working abroad. The scarcity of opportunities, the political scandals, the apathy from other members of the society convinced them to seek better chances abroad. The aggregate from data of the CFO, Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reveals that Japan in the Top 10 OFW destinations.
- On 27 September 1637, Ruiz and his companions were taken to the Nishizaka Hill, where they were tortured by being hung upside down a pit, a punishment since Christianity was prohibited during that time. For OFWs, according to an article of Inquirer dated July 9, Filipinos are the largest number of foreign nationals detained in Japan for violations of its immigration laws, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The Japanese Catholic Bishops Conference said that as of August 2013, there are still around 5,000 undocumented OFWs staying in Japan, with over 100 of them detained in immigration centers.
- Lorenzo has strong faith with God.
“Isa akong Katoliko at buong-pusong tinatanggap ang kamatayan para sa Panginoon. Kung ako man ay may isanlibong buhay, lahat ng iyon ay iaalay ko sa Kanya.”
According to Latin missionary accounts sent back to Manila, Ruiz declared these words upon his death:
In English this may be rendered:
“I am a Catholic and wholeheartedly do accept death for the Lord; If I had a thousand lives, all these I shall offer to Him.”
- Lorenzo was accused of committing a crime that even up to now is not yet clear. Our OFWs may have an idea of their struggles here in our country but still clueless why their plight has never been better.
- Lorenzo offended the Spaniards that’s why he sought refuge abroad, our OFWs have offended no one but only the idea that they have to provide means for their families to survive and give them decent lifestyle.
- Lorenzo was a Martyr, a Saint while our OFWs are considered our today’s hero as credited by providing us remittances that are undeniably helpful in boosting our economy.
- Lastly, both lives of St. Lorenzo Ruiz and OFWs are very inspiring, worth to be told many times even in various forms like Theater.